there was once a world on this blog where i talked about this man i liked who i called Philosopher. some people hated that, and wanted me to call him by his “real” name, but I always liked the nickname.
when i first introduced philosopher, he was just this nice dude i was dating.
did i ever update you guys that i MARRIED philosopher? i don’t even know if anyone actually follows my text updates on this thang, but i thought, wow, if someone remembered philosopher i bet they’d be like WTF WHOA if they found out i married that man.
and so, i want to brag about philosopher. yesterday was my 23rd birthday, and he literally was just the absolute best.
- he bought steaks and grilled me a steak dinner!
- red wine (and chilled rose wine because he knows i like that best! aw)
- he bought red velvet cake mix and helped the kiddos make me a cake <3
- RED ROSES GUYS
- my birthday present? a beautiful, sexy halter top and a lovely lacy green and black dress (he even included tights, so cute) from my favorite store. he actually went in my closet to find my size! this is so endearing to me.
- saturday night we have a birthday date planned, as if everything else he did wasn’t enough!
while those things sound pretty cliche (steaks, roses, etc) what’s important is that philosopher isn’t a huge fan of the traditional romantic stuff… but I am. And he knows that, and it’s a big of a gesture for him to go outside his comfort zone to speak MY love language. such a sweet man, and I just had to brag about him. oh, what he does to my little heart. i am so well-cared for.